I’m not entirely sure what happened with this weekend, but it’s gone already. I mean, it was here – full of promise, free of work – but then it fucked the fuck off, leaving us wholly at the mercy of Monday morning. That’s a next level dick move right there, weekend – not cool at all. Fear not though, fellow Gamers, for I have once again put together a little bug-out bag of essentials to help us survive the Monday-pocalypse (see what I did there?): a condensed package of interesting and/or funny things that might help make your day that bit more survivable, and/or just generally offer up a big old ‘go fuck yourself!’ to that Monday morning feeling.
Of course, the t’internet being quite big and such, there’s a reasonable chance I may not have covered all of it, so if you’ve come across anything that you feel might spread a wee bit of joy through the general grimness that is Monday, please feel free to give it a shout-out in the comments below. Then together, as one, with righteous fury and a sense of purpose unlike anything thus seen before, we can turn to face Monday, unbowed and unbroken, united in voice – and with an eloquence befitting of such an historic display of the human spirit – we can say to it, ‘Bite me, you fucking cockwombling shitweasel!’……
- I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about Life is Strange, and now, thanks to this review over at The Maximum Utmost, it’s firmly ensconced near the top of my wish list. If you haven’t played it yet (or even if you have, and want to read a great take on it) be sure to check it out.
- The debates about Female Representation in Video Games are currently projected to run until around the billionty-twelfth console generation (when we’ll all be AI anyway, thus rendering the resolution both moot and somewhat Pyrrhic) but Kim at 1001up has created a thoughtful and interesting post about great female characters in Video Games. You can also read The Guardian article that inspired it here.
- Back in my day, you could go to the cinema, pay only a shilling, and stay for three weeks. I exaggerate, obviously, but it is expensive nowadays, so I’m a big fan of reading reviews of films so’s that I can try to avoid any ’12 fucking pounds for that shite… ‘ type unpleasantness. In that spirit, here’s Poor Man’s Geek’s balanced and fair Deadpool review, which might act as something of a counterweight to the Hollywood Hype Machine. I did go and see the film myself afterwards (and really, really liked it), but it was all the better for going in with realistic expectations.
- The Internet is currently 87.54% devoted to cats (give or take), so it was a statistical inevitability that they’d make an appearance here at some point. However, The Aimless Gamer has managed to cover the subject of cats (in a game) in an original way, and with her usual skill for including some lolz. You can check it out here.
- Going to a Game store can be fraught with danger for me, thanks mainly to a lack of will power and a belief that if I don’t look at my credit card bill, it doesn’t actually exist. As such, it was something of a blessing that my latest trip to the local purveyor of quality Video Game narratives came after I’d read this Mad Max Review over at Rad or Shite Gaming. Consequently, I feel as though I didn’t so much dodge a bullet as pull off some full-on Neo in the Matrix shizzle – which is always a bonus, I find.
- I’m not necessarily a fully accepted member of Geekdom, but one thing that can have me sounding off like a more intense version of Comic Book Guy is Battlestar Galactica, and so it was that this caught my eye. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it just yet (probably about 50% excited, 50% petrified that they’ll balls it up) but it’s undoubtedly something to keep an eye on either way – so say we all!
- And finally – because this Monday Morning Procrastination Pack thing was a kind of logical continuation of two things I’d already written about – namely particular blogs I like, and why I like blogs in general – I’ma offer those up too. Because, like, feelz and that.
Anyways, that brings us to the end of this week’s MMPP. Here’s hoping we all make it through relatively unscathed. Good luck out there, folks! And again, if there’s anything you’d like to point us in the direction of, use the force. And when I say force, I mean the comment box, obviously!